Overall, there is an astonishing clear relationship between the Moon transiting sign and the weather, with few exceptions. The tendency seems to be there, pretty clear.
This was not for winter months. I expect that the influence may be slighty different during summer.
Here are the conclusions:
- Moon in Aries: weather warms, drier weather, sun spells
- Moon in Taurus: weather is stable and calm, a bit more humid and cooler.
- Moon in Gemini: weather warms considerably, with temperature fluctuations. Dry weather, windy and unsettled. Some sun and clouds.
- Moon in Cancer: weather cools very significantly at the end of the sign. Brings wet weather and colder temperature.
- Moon in Leo: weather settles, it is stable and moderate, tendency to warm and become slighty drier
- Moon in Virgo: weather becames again unsettled, cool, but it warms towards the end of the sign. May bring rains and heavier precipitation and brisk winds.
- Moon in Libra: tends to bring better weather, more sun, but windy. Also warmer, but with more ample temperature fluctuations, bringing generally a mix of warm and cold.
- Moon in Scorpio: weather varies between sun/clouds/dry, and clouds/humid weather. Initially warm but then generally cools significantly.
- Moon in Sagittarius: weather is calm, generally more sunny, moderate and dry. Temperatures may cool gradually.
- Moon in Capricorn: weather may cool and rain, followed by calmer weather
- Moon in Aquarius: weather generally warms, but presenting wide temperature fluctuations, however it generally feels cold, dry and windy. May vary between sun and punctual precipitation.
- Moon in Pisces: brings calm, moderate weather, generally cool, fresh and humid, then followed by a slight warming.
- Sun in Capricorn: weather cold, with a tendency for stable, usually drier
- Sun in Aquarius: weather more windy, more sun, with a tendency for warming, but also more cold spells
- Sun in Pisces: weather usually becomes more moderate, mild, may be wet at times, sunny
- Mars in Capricorn: pushing cold, drier
- Mars in Aquarius: more windy, fresh and brisk, unsettled
- Mars in Pisces: colder and more moderate weather
- Mercury in Aquarius: Colder and windier weather
- Mercury in Pisces: Wetter and more stable weather
- Venus in Pisces: reinforces cold tendencies
- Venus in Aries: reinforces warming of temperatures
- Aspects to Saturn reinforce tendency for cooler rainy weather.
- Aspects to Uranus reinforce tendency for extreme weather; cold spells, storms, high winds
- Aspects to Neptune reinforce tendency to bring damp, rainy weather, and fresh
- Aspects to Pluto reinforce tendency for sustained colder extremes and snows.
Apparently the pattern is not so clear....
It seems that the movements of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, when combined, may explain the changes. Furthermore, the long cycles of Eris and Sedna may add further change.
Weather was :
much colder 1310-1340 Pluto and Eris in Pisces, Neptune in Scorpio, Uranus in Sagittarius
frigid cooling 1400-1500
frigid 1570-1630, 1570 all in earth/water, 1595 all in fire/air... Eris in Taurus, Sedna in Pisces
much colder 1800-1830 Pluto-Sedna in Pisces, Neptune and Uranus in Sagittarius, Eris Aquarius
warming 1910-1930 Entry of both Eris and Sedna in Aries
warm 1930-1940 Eris, Sedna, and Uranus in Aries, Pluto entering Leo. Cardinal cross.
cold 1945-1970 Uranus enters Cancer? Followed by Neptune in Scorpio, Pluto in Virgo
mild 1970-1990 Neptune enters Sagittarius, Pluto and Uranus in Libra
warming 1990-2006 Pluto is Sagittarius and both Neptune and Uranus in Aquarius.
cold 2007-now Pluto, Uranus, Saturn and Jupiter entered earth (or water) signs (2008)