Sunday, November 22, 2009
I had Uranus transiting my ascendant and first house between late 1999 until around 2005 or 2006 (16º Aquarius to 15º Pisces). After 1999 a new sense identity and self-exploration was formed, with clear effects in relationships. The liberating effects were stronger around 2002 to 2004 (28º Aquarius to 7º Pisces) and particularly strongest when the planet transited the last degrees of Aquarius and early degrees of Pisces.
A growing feeling of personal revolution, experimentation, liberation and independence:
1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006
Thus, I tend to think of my rising degree around 29º Aquarius, with a wide 13º orb of effect, and a stronger region of 8º in the first degrees thereafter. So, I had very changeable and critical months in February 2002, February to September 2003 and February 2004. The radical effects were clear at the personal, relationship and career level.
Likewise, Neptune approaches now my ascendant. It transited the degree 16º between mid 2004, and shall stay in the next years in this "first house" effect. The stronger effects are likely between March 2010 and early 2013. The ascendant effect should be at the strongest in some periods of 2011 and 2012. Since a few years ago, a growing feeling of discontent, idealism (prone to possible illusion), dissolution of boundaries, has occured at a personal, relationship and professional level.
I will look for the start of this Neptunian wave around mid February 2010, when the New Moon, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter are around my ascendant!
And then on 19 May 2010, 4 June 2010, and particularly in the day of 17 February 2011, as several planets aspect that position.
A growing period of faith, confusion, dissolution, tuning and vocation:
2004 - 2006 - 2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2016
Interestingly, Jupiter enters my ascendant in the months of January! :-)
Saturn was around the descendant between late 2006 and mid 2007: and this was for me the start of a long-term relationship. In mid 2000, it squared ASC from the fourth house, and this was a very emotional period, psychological upheavel and a change in personal foundations. At the same time, Pluto transited the MC, and Uranus near the ASC.
Mars has entered my ascendant in January 2000, December 2001, June to November 2003, May 2005, April and May 2007, March and April 2009. In all these periods there were clear periods of change; there were many events at different levels, and a more intense period, resulted in changes in direction of life, of personal goals, and new activities. Watch out when Mars transits over your current transits! These are periods of much more astrological energy.
Recently, the transiting Sun and Mercury and Venus are around my tenth house cusp, and I had a major professional offer. Yearly, the transiting Sun times very well all the main themes of life, in the different months of the year.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Uranus meets Saturn and Pluto
Whenever Uranus meets Saturn or these with Pluto, a struggle between opression and freedom comes to the mainstream news.In 1989, 1968, 1945, 1848, the years that saw so much revolutionary waves, were years of aspects beween Uranus with Saturn or Pluto, just like now.
2010 could be well another "year of revolutions"
- Fall of Jerusalem Wall; identically to the Berlin's Wall; Liberation of Palestinian people
- Internal revolution in Iran; the religious-driven regime fails; democracy approaches the ones from the Western world
- Uprisings follow in Turkey and in other Arabic regimes like Egypt (liberation of women, akin to the sixties in the western world; the power of religion decreases)
- Peace is gradually established between Jews and Arabs, like it happened in Europe after WWII or in Ireland.
- Internal uprising in Cuba and North Korea: chinese-like transitions
- Liberation of Tibet!
- Unrest in US, confronting the repressing authorities, against the power of banks, secrecy, corporations, and the military-industrial complex; unity of US could be challenged
- Unrest in EU, against the burocratical self-imposing European Government, or within the etnical conflicts in Europe (Islam revolts against being a minority; later Europe becomes a mixed etnical union of states, similar to the US)
- Uprisings in Indonesia, in Burma, and in Australia (Aborigenal rights)
- Independence issues in Quebec, Basque region, and South Ossetia, or even in new regions in unexpected places (e.g. within Belgium, Italy, etc)
- Revolutions, treaties and prosperity coming in several African nations
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Saturn and Pluto were in square in 1907, 1922, 1939, 1956 and 1993. Now they form again a square. As you can read below, squares coincide with major events or crises, normally envolving war, but also related to energy crises, oil crises, nuclear crises, and economic treaties.
The consequences for the oil and world economy could once again become dramatic. The oil crises would show how much problematic oil is, because is a ending resource. And the Middle East as a critical world point urgently needs stability.
Another major event is the start of the Big Bang CERN experiment. 2010 could be well have some important changes in terms of the world use of energy. A very decisive year. The association with the climatic changes, the sustainability of our energy needs, and the threat for global stability will be in great focus. Eventually, a new energy source may be announced. The whole issue will continue to grow during the next decade, until the Saturn reaches Capricorn and conjunction with Pluto and Jupiter in 2020.
Finally, the new EU presidency treaty, is probably the first step towards a unified Europe, and to world government. This is, itself, a major international treaty, another Saturn in Libra manifestation.
If the pattern does not fail, then the major events will happen around January 2010 and September 2010 (shortly after the exact aspect).
- April 1907 and early 1908: Bank panic of 1907, Austria-Hungary Empire annexes Bosnia (first events leading to WWI)
- October 1922: Hyperinflation in Germany, rise of Fascism in Italy (which would lead to WWII)
- 1939 and 1940: start of WWII
- September 1956: Suez Crises (major cold war crises)
- September 1973 and June 1974: Oil crises and Middle East war (another major crises)
- March 1993 and early 1994: EU single market starts, Iraq crises, Internet is born in CERN, North Korea leaves nuclear non-proliferation treaty, US and Russia sign treaties to end the nuclear threat
- November 2009 and August 2010: Major crises in Middle East (Iran) and North Korea, new nuclear peace treaties, EU treaty (first EU president), Big Bang experiment starts in CERN (which will probably result in important discovery), Palestine becomes an independent state (or see fall of Jerusalem wall).
Monday, November 16, 2009
The transiting outer planets in aspect to lunar nodes often correlates with important mundane events, in our civilization. Nearly all big events of 20th century have their mark. The accuracy is amazing. For example:
- Late April 1914: Saturn squares Nodes: about one month later World War I starts.
- Mid October 1917: Pluto and Nodes: Russian Revolution
- October 1930 to mid 1931: Grand cross between Nodes, Pluto, Saturn, Uranus and Jupiter: the Great Depression starts
- Mid September 1939: Grand cross between Saturn/South Node and North Node, Pluto and Mars: World war II starts
- Late May 1945: Saturn conjunct North Node, and is squared by Mars: Allied powers won the European side during World War II
- Mid September 1945: Mars conjunct North Node, forms a T-square with Jupiter and Neptune, this is the celebrating mood (Jupiter) and liberation of masses (Neptune) at the very end of World War II (Mars)
- Mid April 1961: Pluto conjunct North Node, US attempts to invade Cuba but fails: this prompts the next year nuclear crises (Pluto)
- Mid October 1962: Mars and Saturn are conjuncted with nodes: the efforts, increased tension and restrain (Saturn in South Node) during the Cuban Missile Crises (Mars in North Node)
- Early May 1968: Saturn conjunct North Node: the protests of May 68 start, in France and also in US.
- Early 1969: South Node conjunct with Uranus, Jupiter and Pluto: the space run between US and Soviet Union is at its highest: These two years were famous for civil unrest, protests and revolutions, and the hippie movement.
- Early October 1989: Uranus, Neptune and Saturn in Capricorn are opposed by Jupiter in Cancer and squared by Mars, Sun and Mercury in Libra: a revolutionary wave across East Europe occurs and the Berlin Wall falls. This time, the Nodes were not in aspect.
- Early August 2010: The rare and very strong cardinal T-square forms between Saturn and Mars, Uranus and Jupiter and Pluto (and Nodes, assuming a wide orb): this is a tense period, a wave of revolutions and protests is likely.
- November and December 2010: North Node conjunct Pluto squares Uranus and Jupiter. In mid December, Mars joins the North Node and forms a trio with Pluto. A big event is very likely to occur now: such as outbreak of a big war, a nuclear crises, or an economic event (due to Pluto, Saturn and Mars). There is also energy for social protests and big technological news/events (due to Uranus and Jupiter).
- August 2013: the Nodes form with most planets a rare spectacular hexagon configuration: this is likely to be a great opportunity, a positive event, something more spiritual than mundane.
- Early 2015: Between November 2014 and March 2015, a tense square between Uranus and Pluto is joined by Nodes and Mars: this is a very tense and important energy!!