In the last couple of weeks the news were full of action: the Euro crises, the Korea crises, and then the Wikileaks crises. This is a because Mars has been approaching an historical conjunction to Pluto in Capricorn, plus the North Node, and a lunar eclipse on the solstice day!
These are the first signs of the all-powerful Uranus/Pluto square that will occur during the next 5 years and will be full of social agitation. I told you so.
Uranus in Aries versus Pluto in Capricorn signifies a big backlash of individuals against the status quo. In general this occurs every time Uranus transits Aries, but more so, when Pluto transits Capricorn. The big powers are challenged in ways they never would predict.
What do Julian Assange, Richard Dawkins and Eric Cantona, have in common?
Each of them is rebelling against the status quo, in different areas:
- In religion, Richard Dawkins calling for millitant atheism and wanting to arrest the Pope.
- In economy, we also saw Eric Cantona in France calling for a global bank run.
- In governments and military, Julian Assange causing a large global crises with the disclosure of many secret files. Yesterday, a group of hackers is attacking big corporations like Visa and Mastercard, in revenge for Assange arrest.
But there are more manifestations of this Uranus/Pluto square.
We see the European Union wanting to bail out the poorer economies of the south, enslaving them to further debt. It has been Iceland, Greece, Ireland and next is Portugal. A clash between the US and China - we are watching a nearly economic world war. The typical fight for power under Pluto in Capricorn.
This is further complicated and in a dangerous way by the radical governments of North Korea, Iran and Pakistan. Where do Russia and China side? This reminds me of a stalemate in the grand chess game for global domination. It's a very wrong perspective. The governments should unite for prosperity and peace instead of control and individuality. This is an obvious Uranus in Aries danger. During the thirties, this resulted in world war, during the 1770s, this resulted in revolutions.
- The Governments are imposing their raw power over the populations with harsh austerity measures. Cutting public investment may be a huge mistake, because this happened precisely during the thirties. And the working masses promoting more and more general strikes (Spain, Portugal, France) and more violent student protests (Italy, UK). If we don't fix the problem, either we will end up with uprisings or war.
- In the US the Tea Party is backlashing against the mainstream politics. The extreme left and the extreme right are taking advantage of the unrest of the population. This is very common under Uranus in Aries. In 1930s, Hitler and Stalin were nasty examples, the extreme left was also observed in anarchistic Catalonia. In 1848, Marx called for the year of revolutions. In 1760s, the American fathers called for the American Revolution. There is a call for individuality, mostly for freedom, but not always.
During the next months and years, there will be more individuals coming out with radical protest measures against the status quo!
Uranus in Aries is calling for standing up!
This is just the beginning of a long Uranus/Pluto square that will last all the way between 2010 and 2017. It will be a very dynamic period, with more drama and conflicts. Just like during the thirties or the sixties. Neptune in Pisces will make this time more interesting. In one side, delusions, misleading practices, craziness, confusion, and hopelessness. In another side, hope for salvation, awakening, inspiration.
Does this sound like 2012?